TORONTO, July 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
AuRico Gold Inc. (TSX: AUQ) (NYSE: AUQ), ("AuRico" or the "Company") today announces preliminary second quarter operational results. All amounts are in U.S. dollars unless otherwise indicated.
Production and cash costs in the second quarter were in-line with plan at both operations. Productivities at the Young- Davidson mine continue to meet or exceed targeted levels with the shaft crushing and hoisting system on track to be commissioned during September. Once commissioned, the shaft and hoisting system will drive enhanced underground productivities and unit cost efficiencies over the remainder of the year.
Preliminary 2013 Second Quarter Operational Results
Three-months ended Six-months ended 2013 Guidance Young-Davidson June 30, 2013 June 30, 2013 Gold Ounces Produced 29,252 57,533 120,000-140,000 Total Cash Costs per ounce, $716 $705 $575-$675 El Chanate Gold Ounces Produced 18,751 36,640 70,000-80,000 Total Cash Costs per ounce $601 $584 $550-$600 Consolidated Results Gold Ounces Produced 48,003 94,173 190,000-220,000 Total Cash Costs per ounce $655 $645 $565-$645
 Prior to commissioning the underground mine, cash costs are calculated on ounces produced from the open pit only. All underground costs are capitalized, and any revenue related to underground ounces sold is credited against capital.  Cash costs, prior to long-term, low-grade stockpile and heap leach inventory adjustments (see Net Realizable Value Adjustment disclosure provided below), are estimates only and are subject to change. See the Non-GAAP Measures section on page 15 of the Management's  Discussion and Analysis for the three months ended March 31, 2013. Includes pre-production gold ounces from the Young-Davidson underground mine.Recent Highlights
- On June 11, 2013, AuRico's Board of Directors approved the introduction of a dividend reinvestment plan that will provide shareholders with a cost-effective way to acquire additional common shares by reinvesting cash dividends. Eligible shareholders may elect to participate in the dividend reinvestment plan commencing with the July 2013 dividend. Participation in the dividend reinvestment plan is optional. Further information on the Company's dividend reinvestment plan is available through the following link: http://www.auricogold.com/DRIP.
- On June 27, 2013, the Company announced the appointment of Mr. Alan Edwards as non-executive Chairman of the Board effective July 1, 2013. Mr. Edwards was appointed as an independent director on May 13, 2010 and has served as Chair of the Sustainability Committee.
- On July 3, 2013, the Board of Directors declared the Company's quarterly dividend payment of $0.04 per share for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013, payable on July 29, 2013 to shareholders of record at the close of business on July 15, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV