Gannett Co Inc (GCI): Today's Featured Media Laggard
Gannett (GCI) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Gannett fell $0.31 (-1.2%) to $26.22 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,845,662 shares of Gannett exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,575,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $26.09-$26.70 after having opened the day at $26.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.53. Other companies within the Media industry that declined today were: Beasley Broadcast Group (BBGI), down 14.3%, VisionChina Media (VISN), down 7.0%, Gray Television (GTN.A), down 6.2% and Dreamworks Animation SKG (DWA), down 6.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Gannett Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV