Monsanto Company (MON): Today's Featured Chemicals Laggard
Monsanto Company (MON) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Monsanto Company fell $1.69 (-1.6%) to $101.58 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,719,897 shares of Monsanto Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,714,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $101.40-$103.50 after having opened the day at $103.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $103.27. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Axiall (AXLL), down 21.8%, Methes Energies International (MEIL), down 11.3%, Koppers Holdings (KOP), down 7.9% and Flexible Solutions International (FSI), down 6.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Monsanto Company Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV