MGIC Investment Corporation (MTG) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, MGIC Investment Corporation rose $0.11 (1.8%) to $6.11 on light volume. Throughout the day, 6,286,563 shares of MGIC Investment Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,539,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $5.94-$6.14 after having opened the day at $6.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.00. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Altis Resident (RESI), up 19.4%, Pathfinder Bancorp (PBHC), up 18.3%, Doral Financial (DRL), up 10.5% and First Acceptance Corporation (FAC), up 8.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full MGIC Investment Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MTG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV