- Rental revenue (which includes owned equipment rental revenue, re-rent revenue and ancillary items) increased 4.7%. Within rental revenue, owned equipment rental revenue increased 6.2%, reflecting year-over-year increases of 5.1% in the volume of equipment on rent and 4.2% in rental rates.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $549 million and adjusted EBITDA margin was 45.5%, an increase of $76 million and 370 basis points, respectively, from the same period last year. The company has reaffirmed its outlook for full year adjusted EBITDA in a range of $2.25 billion to $2.35 billion.
- Time utilization increased 60 basis points year-over-year to a second quarter company record 67.9%. The company has reaffirmed its outlook for full year time utilization of approximately 68.0%.
- The company generated $131 million of proceeds from used equipment sales at an adjusted gross margin of 42.0%, compared with $96 million of proceeds at an adjusted gross margin of 40.6% for the same period last year. 4
- The company realized cost synergies of $60 million in the quarter from the integration of RSC, and reaffirmed its goal of $230 million to $250 million of annual cost synergies on a fully developed basis.
- Flow-through, which represents the year-over-year change in adjusted EBITDA divided by the year-over-year change in total revenue, was 102.7%.
United Rentals Announces Second Quarter 2013 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.