Trade-Ideas LLC identified PNC Financial Services Group (PNC) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified PNC Financial Services Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PNC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $185.7 million.
- PNC is up 2.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PNC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PNC NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on PNC: The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. operates as a diversified financial services company in the United States and internationally. The company's Retail Banking segment provides deposit, lending, brokerage, investment management, and cash management services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. PNC has a PE ratio of 13.3. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate PNC Financial Services Group a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold.The average volume for PNC Financial Services Group has been 2.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. PNC Financial Services Group has a market cap of $39.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.07 and a short float of 1.4% with 3.07 days to cover. Shares are up 28.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates PNC Financial Services Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PNC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for PNC FINANCIAL SVCS GROUP INC is currently very high, coming in at 89.04%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 24.25% trails the industry average.
- PNC FINANCIAL SVCS GROUP INC has improved earnings per share by 22.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PNC FINANCIAL SVCS GROUP INC reported lower earnings of $5.30 versus $5.64 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.66 versus $5.30).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Commercial Banks industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 25.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $805.00 million to $1,013.00 million.
- You can view the full PNC Financial Services Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about PNC
PNC Financial Services Group Becomes #233 Most Shorted S&P 500 Component, Replacing Boston Scientific
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV