Trade-Ideas LLC identified News Corporation (NWSA) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified News Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NWSA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $260.7 million.
- NWSA is up 2.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NWSA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NWSA NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on NWSA: News Corporation operates as a diversified media company worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.6%. NWSA has a PE ratio of 11.4. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate News Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.The average volume for News Corporation has been 14.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. News has a market cap of $5.7 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. Shares are unchanged year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates News Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.55, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.49, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, NEWS CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 221.05% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 46.52% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, NWSA should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- You can view the full News Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about NWSA
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV