Trade-Ideas LLC identified CSX (CSX) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified CSX as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CSX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $167.7 million.
- CSX is up 5.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CSX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CSX NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on CSX: CSX Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides rail-based transportation services. It offers traditional rail services, and transports intermodal containers and trailers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. CSX has a PE ratio of 13.5. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate CSX a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold.The average volume for CSX has been 7.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. CSX has a market cap of $24.9 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 1.44 and a short float of 1.5% with 2.05 days to cover. Shares are up 23.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CSX as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, increase in stock price during the past year and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 64.63% to $731.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CSX CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 7.80%.
- 38.71% is the gross profit margin for CSX CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 15.51% trails the industry average.
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Road & Rail industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 2.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $449.00 million to $459.00 million.
- You can view the full CSX Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about CSX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV