CLSA analyst Mike Mayo summed up the leverage capital discussion, during the call, by saying "I think the word of the day is 'comfortable'."
Before the call, KBW analyst Frederick Cannon wrote in a note to clients that "It is difficult to see how GS can optimize the return on capital given the little disclosure that is provided."
Cannon has a "market perform" rating on Goldman, with a price target of $155.00.
Goldman's shares were down 2% to close at $160.24.GS data by YCharts
Interested in more on Goldman Sachs? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV