WASHINGTON, July 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Women of Vision: On Assignment with National Geographic Photographers," a new traveling exhibition that celebrates the careers and photography of 11 talented women photojournalists who have made a significant impact with their images, premieres at the National Geographic Museum in Washington, D.C., on Oct. 10. Sponsored by The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc., (NYSE: PNC) the multi-city tour will stop in several of the bank's markets through 2016.
The nearly 100 images in the exhibition include provocative topics ranging from child brides in Yemen to the face of modern slavery in India to lions on the brink of extinction in Botswana's Okavango Delta. Each of the photographs reflects a unique passion and perspective and a lifetime of experience behind the lens. The images expose the impact of war, document the lives of isolated populations, celebrate cultures, reveal nature's grace and share the majesty of landscapes near and far. The amazing women featured in the exhibition offer a unique vision of the world through their compelling photography.
The exhibit chronicles the adventures and observations of three generations of intrepid women photographers through their images and their own voices captured in video interviews and field footage. The featured photographers are:
- Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer and MacArthur Fellow Lynsey Addario , who focuses on conflicts and human rights issues, particularly the plight of women in the Middle East
- Former Chicago Tribune war photographer Stephanie Sinclair , known for gaining access to sensitive gender and human rights issues, who offers scenes of polygamists in the United States and child brides in Yemen
- Documentary photographer and advocate for visual arts education Lynn Johnson , who offers a view on disease in Africa, Asia and India
- National Geographic Explorer-in-Residence and conservationist Beverly Joubert , who documents the plight of African wildlife
- First female White House photographer Jodi Cobb , who has traveled to over 60 countries for National Geographic and shares the fading traditions of Venice, the face of modern slavery in India, and perspectives on beauty and love in various cultures
- Award-winning journalist Carolyn Drake , who reveals modern life among Eastern China's Uygurs and other fascinating cultures of Central Asia
- Photojournalist Amy Toensing , known for capturing everyday lives, who shares images of the impact of Australia's crippling climate change on its people as well as portraits of unforgettable subjects from the Jersey Shore, Puerto Rico and Sinai, Egypt
- Photographer and documentary filmmaker Maggie Steber , who has elegantly documented striking scenes of sleep, memory and modern life from Miami to Haiti to Afghanistan and Nepal
- Landscape photographer Diane Cook , who reveals a decade of work examining urban gardens, the U.S.- Mexico border and others scenes of modern yet enduring landscapes
- Erika Larsen , who captures cultures with close ties to nature, reveals the lives of the Sami people of northern Scandinavia
- The youngest photographer in the exhibition, Kitra Cahana , who has documented teenage culture in the United States as well as spirituality in Latin America
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV