1. As of noon trading, J.C. Penney ( JCP) is down $0.52 (-3.0%) to $17.10 on light volume. Thus far, 3.4 million shares of J.C. Penney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $17.04-$17.80 after having opened the day at $17.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.62. J. C. Penney Company, Inc., through its subsidiary, J. C. Penney Corporation, Inc., operates department stores. The company sells family apparel and footwear, accessories, fine and fashion jewelry, beauty products, and home furnishings. J.C. Penney has a market cap of $3.9 billion and is part of the services sector. Shares are down 10.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate J.C. Penney a buy, 5 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates J.C. Penney as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, generally high debt management risk, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Get the full J.C. Penney Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the retail industry could consider SPDR S&P Retail ETF ( XRT) while those bearish on the retail industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts