3. As of noon trading, General Motors ( GM) is down $0.64 (-1.8%) to $35.86 on average volume. Thus far, 9.1 million shares of General Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $35.76-$36.94 after having opened the day at $36.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.50. General Motors Company (GM) designs, manufactures, and markets cars, crossovers, trucks, and automobile parts worldwide. General Motors has a market cap of $50.0 billion and is part of the automotive industry. Shares are up 26.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate General Motors a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates General Motors as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full General Motors Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts