Today's Stocks Driving Success For The Consumer Goods Sector
2. As of noon trading, Altria Group ( MO) is up $0.26 (0.7%) to $37.30 on average volume. Thus far, 4.2 million shares of Altria Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $36.93-$37.45 after having opened the day at $36.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.05. Altria Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smokeless products, and wine in the United States and internationally. Altria Group has a market cap of $74.2 billion and is part of the tobacco industry. Shares are up 17.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Altria Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Altria Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, attractive valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Altria Group Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts