1. As of noon trading, Symantec ( SYMC) is up $0.25 (1.1%) to $24.17 on average volume. Thus far, 3.4 million shares of Symantec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $23.87-$24.22 after having opened the day at $23.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.92. Symantec Corporation provides security, storage, and systems management solutions to various organization and consumers worldwide. It operates in four segments: Consumer, Security and Compliance, Storage and Server Management, and Services. Symantec has a market cap of $16.6 billion and is part of the technology sector. Shares are up 26.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Symantec a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Symantec as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Symantec Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the computer software & services industry could consider iShares S&P NA Tech Software Idx ( IGV) while those bearish on the computer software & services industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Technology ( REW).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts