American Distance Education Consortium (ADEC) Appoints New Members To Board Of Directors
GAINESVILLE, Fla., July 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The American Distance Education Consortium (ADEC) announced the appointment of seven new members to its Board of Directors effective July 1, 2013. Ian Tebbett, Ph.D., director of University of Florida's world-renowned online Forensic Science program, has been named as ADEC's new president and CEO.
Ronnie D. Green from the University of Nebraska has been appointed as ADEC's secretary-treasurer. Additional new Board members include Mari Cini ( University of Maryland University College), Bruce McPheron (The Ohio State University), Jay Ackridge ( Purdue University), and Allen Wysoki ( University of Florida). Ann-Louise Everett (Apollidon, Inc.) and Lloyd Day (IICA) have been named as special Board seats.
Continuing Executive Committee members are Chair Sue Day-Perroots ( West Virginia University), Chair-Elect Dave King ( Oregon State University), and HBCU Representative Dalton McAffee ( Alcorn State University).
"The ADEC Board and Executive Committee members will help serve all academic leaders. With over 70 percent of today's chief academic leaders saying that online learning is critical to their long-term strategies, it's imperative that ADEC fundamentally supports the academic community at large," said Tebbett. "We are going to build on our commitment to distance education by becoming a central repository for thought leadership in the field."ADEC's HBCU Coordinator Dan Godfrey (North Carolina A&T University) and Assistant Treasurers Jeff Bassford ( University of Nebraska-Lincoln) and Brian Karcinski ( University of Florida) will act as Ex Officio members. A. Frank Mayadas from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation will remain as a special Board seat on behalf of the foundation sector. Other continuing Board members include:
- Dave Cillay ( Washington State University)
- Wayne Smutz (The Pennsylvania State University)
- Scott Reed ( Oregon State University)
- Ken Spelke ( Southern Connecticut State University)
- Robert Rubinyi ( University of Minnesota)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV