The world’s largest banana provider is giving Des Moines residents the chance to do something unique this summer with the beloved yellow fruit: Peel the love.
Des Moines is one of eight cities selected for the first-ever Peel the Love Summer Food Truck Tour a 4,800-mile, 102-day journey organized by DOLE® Bananas to bring delectable new summer recipes, serving suggestions and free samples to healthy-eating fans coast-to-coast. The pink-and-turquoise truck, created specifically for the tour, will make stops at supermarkets and other public and private venues and events throughout the Des Moines area including the National Ballroom Classic, the Iowa Speedway, after-school centers and nonprofit organizations.
Scheduled public stops in the Des Moines area include:
- Hy-Vee (3221 SE 14 th St, Des Moines) July 25, 4pm-6pm
- National Ballroom Classic (Indianola) July 26-28, 4pm-7pm
- Walmart (5101 SE 14 th St., Des Moines) July 30, 10am-12 Noon
- Dahl’s Foods (15500 156 th Street, Clive, IA) July 30, 5pm-7pm
- Fareway (Des Moines) July 31, 11am-1pm
- Hy-Vee (2540 East Euclid Ave., Des Moines) July 31, 5pm-7pm
- Iowa Speedway (3333 Rusty Wallace Dr, Newton, IA) August 2, 10:30am-9:30pm
- Iowa Speedway (3333 Rusty Wallace Dr, Newton, IA) August 3, 2pm-8pm
- Hy-Vee (3424 Martin Luther King Jr. Prky, Des Moines) July 31, 11am-2pm
Co-sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Almondmilk and Dole Packaged Foods, the Peel the Love Summer Food Truck Tour kicks-off in Seattle over Memorial Weekend and visits Sacramento, Calif.; Los Angeles; Phoenix; Houston; Des Moines, Iowa; Baltimore and Washington, D.C., before concluding in New York City on Labor Day.Throughout the tour, Dole and Blue Diamond Almond Breeze will target health-, fitness- and lifestyle-oriented consumers and will partner with retailers to suggest new serving, pairing and entertaining options. Both brands will also reach out to registered dieticians (RDs), supermarket nutritionists, food bloggers and other influentials about the health, taste and convenience advantages of bananas, almonds and almondmilk.