Comcast recently announced the launch of its new X1 video platform for customers in the Nashville and Knoxville areas. Over the past several years, Comcast has invested $1.6 billion in technology and infrastructure to meet Tennessee customers’ needs by delivering quality products and services.
Using cloud-enabled technologies, the X1 Platform offers a completely new and more personalized TV experience that provides access to Comcast’s massive library of live and on-demand video presented with a new, much more graphically pleasing on-screen guide along with popular apps like Facebook and Pandora.
The new DVR-enabled X1 boxes enable customers to record four shows and watch a fifth at the same time using AnyRoom® DVR service. With AnyRoom® DVR service customers can watch recorded shows in any room, start watching a recording in one room and then finish in another, or even have different recordings play in different rooms at the same time.
X1 features include:
- A main screen with a new, easy-to-read and -search guide and interface that enables fast, one-click access to a variety of video content and allows customers to access a host of information about the programs they’re watching and related programming;
- The ability to search TV listings, DVR recordings, and Xfinity On Demand for content simultaneously;
- Weather, sports and real-time traffic apps, all specially designed and scaled for use on a TV screen (X1 DVR boxes also include Pandora and Facebook apps);
- An enhanced remote control for the X1 DVR box that’s highly responsive and does not have to be pointed straight at the box to work; and
- The ability to display the highest resolution supported by many new TVs, 1080P at 60 frames per second.