5 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: ATAX, QCCO, GOOD, RNO, PT
Portugal Telecom (NYSE: PT) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.10%. Portugal Telecom, SGPS, S.A. provides telecommunications and multimedia services primarily in Portugal; Brazil; and other countries in Africa and Asia. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.68. The average volume for Portugal Telecom has been 447,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Portugal Telecom has a market cap of $3.2 billion and is part of the telecommunications industry. Shares are down 27.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Portugal Telecom as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its reasonable valuation levels, considering its current price compared to earnings, book value and other measures. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PT, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 0.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 13.0%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- PORTUGAL TELECOM SGPS SA's earnings per share declined by 50.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PORTUGAL TELECOM SGPS SA reported lower earnings of $0.35 versus $0.50 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.40 versus $0.35).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 53.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $73.87 million to $34.28 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $359.76 million or 19.28% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Portugal Telecom Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV