- Sticking with stocks and ETFs -- For active traders planning to invest in equities, 77% say they plan to purchase individual stocks while 72% say they'll buy ETFs. One-quarter plan to trade options.
- Go tech - One-quarter of traders said they are bullish on the technology sector, up from just 16% in April. Other in-favor sectors were healthcare (17%), energy (15%) and financials (13%).
- Toss to the option -- 28% of survey respondents said they currently trade options while 11% say they plan to start trading options in the next 12 months.
- Working vacation -- 39% of active traders expect to keep an eye on their portfolio during a summer vacation but won't trade much, while a nearly equal number (38%) said they would be trading during their summer break.
Active Traders Wary of Second Half of the Year
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts