MARTINSRIED, Germany, July 16, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- epay, a division of Euronet Worldwide, Inc. (Nasdaq:EEFT) and a leading prepaid distributor and payments processor in Germany, today announces the rollout of Google Play™ gift cards in Germany, starting with more than 5,600 food and discount stores. Additional rollouts will include major gas stations, drugstores, electronic stores and convenience stores throughout Germany. This is the first launch of Google Play gift cards in continental Europe. Customers can visit the store locator on the Google Play site, https://play.google.com , to locate nearby retailers.
Google Play gift cards are popular with consumers to give as gifts or for self-use by cash preferred consumers. Users can buy music, books, magazines, movies and Android applications with the gift cards. Google Play gift cards are available in €15, €25 and €50 denominations.
Marc Ehler, Managing Director epay Europe, explains, "The launch of the Google Play Card strengthens epay's position in the gift card category in the market by launching another key product to our offering. Our experience with leading mobile and online retailers has proven there is tremendous customer demand for a prepaid payment solution for use with the Google Play store. We are proud to have the privilege to also help Google with all of the retail services related to the product rollout."epay's expert knowledge as an industry leader in the prepaid market, as well as its excellent retail network, are the reasons Google chose epay as its partner. Today the Google Play store offers more than 975,000 apps, and this partnership provides consumers in Germany with an easy and secure prepaid payment solution.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV