Pitney Bowes, Inc. (NYSE: PBI) today announced that Bill Hughes has been named Chief Communications Officer. Hughes will report to Abby F. Kohnstamm, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer and will also become a member of the executive management team.
Bill Hughes Joins Pitney Bowes as Chief Communications Officer
Before joining Pitney Bowes, Hughes was Chief Communications Officer at CA Technologies, one of the world’s largest IT management software companies (NASDAQ: CA), where he was responsible for managing and directing employee and executive communications, media relations, community relations and corporate sustainability, government relations and digital and social media programs. Hughes joined CA Technologies in 2006.
Prior to joining CA, Hughes was Vice President for Global Communications and Public Affairs at IMS Health, the world's leading market information company to the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry. From 1996 to 2004, Hughes held a number of senior executive positions at IBM, including Vice President of Corporate Media Relations, where he directed media relations, including financial and corporate communications, as well as industry analyst relations, and served as the company spokesperson. In 1998, Bill was named Vice President of Communications for IBM Asia Pacific, based in Tokyo.
Earlier in his career, Hughes spent more than 12 years at public relations agencies, including Burson-Marsteller in Los Angeles, Weber Shandwick in Los Angeles and London, and Miller Communications in Boston.“Bill is an exceptional communications professional and experienced business leader,” said Kohnstamm. “He has over twenty-five years of global experience across a wide range of industries in both large and mid-to-small sized organizations. I am looking forward to working closely with Bill in helping Pitney Bowes continue to unlock value for our clients, shareholders and employees.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV