PARSIPPANY, N.J. and PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla., July 16, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PGA TOUR and Avis Car Rental announced today that Ken Duke has been voted the June PGA TOUR Player of the Month presented by Avis. As the official rental car company of the PGA TOUR, Avis will make a $50,000 contribution in Duke's name to the Jackson T. Stephens Spine and Neurosciences Institute at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS).
In a fan decision on PGATOUR.COM, Duke outpolled Justin Rose, Matt Kuchar and Bill Haas. The four were nominated by a panel of national media for their performances during the month of June.
Duke posted rounds of 69-68-65-66 at the Travelers Championship and outlasted Chris Stroud in a playoff to win his maiden PGA TOUR event. At the age of 44 years, four months and 25 days, Duke became the second-oldest first-time PGA TOUR winner since 1970. With the victory at TPC River Highlands, Duke moved into the top 30 in the FedExCup standings. Duke also posted an additional top-25 finish during the month with a tie for 16 th at the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide."PGA TOUR fans take note of great performances, and the month of June was no exception – they enthusiastically voted Ken Duke as June's PGA TOUR Player of the Month," said Tom Gartland, president, North America, Avis Budget Group. "We are proud to contribute to the Jackson T. Stephens Spine and Neurosciences Institute in honor of Ken Duke's success."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV