Cablevision Systems Corp. (NYSE: CVC) today announced faster speeds for all residential Optimum Online broadband customers at no additional cost. Optimum Online’s faster broadband product tiers make songs download faster, gaming more exciting and movies stream seamlessly. In addition, the company has introduced new Optimum Online broadband product tiers that are designed to offer the right speeds for every type of user and include Optimum Online, Optimum Online Ultra 50 and Optimum Online Ultra 101. Optimum Online Ultra 50 more than triples Internet speeds of the company’s core broadband offering, Optimum Online, for just an additional $4.95 per month.
“This is the most widespread broadband speed increase in our company’s history, and we have upgraded our online service at no additional cost. Our new streamlined tiers will satisfy even the most bandwidth-hungry households. With the proliferation of tablets and smart phones, customers may want more bandwidth to accommodate all of their devices connecting to the Internet at the same time,” said Gemma Toner, Cablevision’s senior vice president of broadband product management. “Optimum Online delivers the ultimate Internet experience with fast speeds, great value and free access to the nation’s largest WiFi network with more than 80,000 hotspots in the Tri-State area.”
The three new tiers were designed to offer the right speeds for every type of user:
- Optimum Online : Speeds up to 15 Mbps downstream and 5 Mbps upstream -- perfect for the customer with two or three devices online at once. Includes automatic sign-in for five mobile devices to connect to Optimum WiFi.
- Optimum Online Ultra 50 : For only $4.95 more than Optimum Online, customers get triple the speeds with up to 50 Mbps downstream and 25 Mbps upstream. This is the ideal tier for households with four to ten devices online at once. Customers can easily use the Optimum App, play an online game and stream movies at the same time. Ultra 50 customers can auto-authenticate 10 mobile devices to Optimum WiFi.
- Optimum Online Ultra 101 : With speeds of up to 101 Mbps downstream and 35 Mbps upstream the power user can stream Netflix, Amazon and Hulu accounts all at once, while also using the Optimum App and playing online games. Additionally Ultra 101 customers can auto-authenticate 15 devices on Optimum WiFi.
* Many factors affect speed. Actual speeds may vary and are not guaranteed.As the broadband leader delivering blazing-fast speeds, unsurpassed reliability and access to the nation’s largest WiFi network, Optimum Online meets the rapidly growing needs of every broadband customer. In June, Optimum Online was ranked the top major ISP in the Netflix ISP Speed Index for the sixth consecutive month for delivering the best Netflix viewing experience. Optimum Online was also recognized in the past two Federal Communications Commission’s “Measuring Broadband America” reports as one of the nation’s leading broadband providers, delivering in excess of 100 percent of advertised speeds, on average.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV