Research in Action Survey Shows 79% of CIOs are Concerned About Hidden Costs of Cloud Computing
DETROIT, July 16, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Compuware Corporation (Nasdaq:CPWR), the technology performance company delivering a new generation of application performance management (APM), today announced the findings of a global survey of 468 CIOs into attitudes and concerns relating to cloud computing. Download the survey report here.
A video accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=19871The study, which was conducted by independent research and consulting firm Research In Action, found that the majority of CIOs (79%) are concerned about the hidden costs associated with cloud computing. From a management perspective, the top three cloud computing concerns were:
1. Poor end user experience due to performance bottlenecks. 2. The impact of poor performance on brand perception and customer loyalty. 3. Loss of revenue due to poor availability, performance, or troubleshooting cloud services.CIOs rated cloud computing as their top investment priority in both the short and long term, with integration between public, hybrid and private cloud cited as the most important trend in the cloud computing space over the next five years. "With cloud adoption topping the list of priorities for CIOs, companies are clearly seeing a benefit to the agility, flexibility and time-to-value that cloud services can deliver," said Bernd Greifeneder, CTO of Compuware's APM business unit. "But CIOs are right to carefully consider the impact cloud and third-party services can have on end-user experience. The dynamic and remote characteristics of cloud-based applications require a new, smart and automatic approach for deep, proactive monitoring that not only identifies end-user experience problems but also provides deep diagnostics for problem resolution."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV