Trade-Ideas: Goldman Sachs Group (GS) Is Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume Stock
- GS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $448.5 million.
- GS traded 277,144 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 5:38 AM, representing 10.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GS: The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. provides investment banking, securities, and investment management services, as well as financial services to corporations, financial institutions, governments, and high-net-worth individuals worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. GS has a PE ratio of 10.9. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Goldman Sachs Group a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 15 rate it a hold. The average volume for Goldman Sachs Group has been 3.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Goldman Sachs Group has a market cap of $72.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.87 and a short float of 1.3% with 1.90 days to cover. Shares are up 23.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Goldman Sachs Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 65.78% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC has improved earnings per share by 9.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $14.15 versus $4.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($14.40 versus $14.15).
- 44.72% is the gross profit margin for GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of GS's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, GS's net profit margin of 19.19% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 6.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.2%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Goldman Sachs Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.