BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- Tech stocks are gaining strength this summer. Heck, even Wall Street whipping boy Apple ( AAPL) has managed to best the broad market's advance since the correction hit the brakes in late June. That's saying something.
And that technology stock outperformance isn't showing any signs of abating. In fact, as earnings season heats up, investors should expect the tech sector to continue to gain steam. On a relative strength basis, it's the most attractive place to park your cash by far.
That's why we're taking a technical look at the trading setups brewing five tech stocks today.For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. >>5 Stocks Poised for Breakouts So without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV