SANTA CLARA, Calif., July 16, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Neonode Inc., (Nasdaq:NEON), the optical touch technology company, today announced the release of a new, unique and versatile Circular Multisensing® platform developed for wearable electronics and accessories. The solution is especially developed for a wide range of fast-growing new market segments, such as fashion-tech, sports & fitness, medical, gaming & lifestyle, and portable infotainment.
The new waterproof and cost-efficient solution is specifically engineered to add enhanced multi-touch, gestures and "touchless" features to numerous new applications of wearable and accessory products. This includes smartwatches, headsets/headphones, smart glasses, diving equipment (underwater operation), wearable activity bracelets and sleep trackers. According to a recent report by Credit Suisse the wearable tech market is forecasted to ramp from about $3B – $5B today to $50B over the next 3-5 years.
"As a technology licensing company we're excited about the emergence of this high-volume, short lead-time market segment. There is a keen demand among our customers for this type of solution and we are very satisfied to meet that need by launching the circular Multisensing platform today," says Thomas Eriksson, CEO of Neonode.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV