- A dose-dependent increase in levels of total IgG in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) from baseline (79% increase in the 400mg/kg dosing arm, 37% in the 200 mg/kg arm and 0% in placebo), suggesting Baxter’s IG passes through the blood brain barrier.
- A dose-dependent increase in levels of antibodies related to amyloid present in Baxter’s IG as measured in the CSF (anti-oligomer and antifibril antibodies).
- A dose-dependent reduction in plasma levels of amyloid beta (Aβ 1-42) in Baxter IG treated patients relative to placebo (approximately 17% reduction in the 400 mg/kg arm, 6% in the 200 mg/kg arm, and -3% in placebo).
- A reduction in brain fibrillar amyloid (as measured by PET scan using florbetapir [AV-45]) of 4.1% in patients who received IG at the 400mg/kg every 2 week dose (2.7% and 0.9% reductions in the 200mg/kg and placebo arms, respectively).
- No effect observed in tau and phosphorylated tau levels in spinal fluid.
Baxter Presents Additional Data From Phase III Study Of Immunoglobulin For Alzheimer's Disease At AAIC
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.