Brown & Toland Physicians' Participation In Pioneer ACO Helps Generate Savings For Medicare
SAN FRANCISCO, July 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Financial results released today by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) showed that Brown & Toland Physicians' participation in the Pioneer Accountable Care Organization Model helped generate significant savings for the program in 2012.
"We are very pleased with our first-year results and will continue to implement the types of programs that help improve quality and reduce the cost of care," said Richard Fish, Brown & Toland's chief executive officer. "Brown & Toland has a culture for developing innovative care management programs that improve the patient experience."
Currently, about 190 physicians, located in San Francisco and the East Bay, are providing care for the more than 18,000 Medicare beneficiaries in Brown & Toland's Pioneer ACO. In addition to the physicians, Brown & Toland's Care Management team of registered nurses, social workers and other healthcare professionals provide additional services and care for these patients."We see tremendous opportunity to continue to improve healthcare quality and the quality of life for our Medicare Pioneer patients by developing and implementing targeted interventions," said Andrew Snyder, M.D., Brown & Toland's chief medical officer. "Our Care Management team, our physicians, and our partner hospitals have put in many hours to re-engineer clinical care processes and provide programs that improve quality and help lower costs." Brown & Toland remains committed to the Triple Aim of accountable care: improving the delivery of healthcare, improving the health of specific populations, and reducing the per capita cost of care. "We will continue to evolve our model and apply what we have learned so we can have a positive impact on the health of our patients and increase our effectiveness as an organization," said Fish.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV