Trade-Ideas: Baidu (BIDU) Is Today's Pre-Market Leader Stock
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Baidu (BIDU) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Baidu as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BIDU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $333.5 million.
- BIDU traded 18,688 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:38 AM.
- BIDU is up 4.7% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BIDU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BIDU NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on BIDU: Baidu, Inc. provides Internet search services. BIDU has a PE ratio of 18.3. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Baidu a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.The average volume for Baidu has been 4.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Baidu has a market cap of $33.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. Shares are down 3.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Baidu as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins, increase in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 31.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 41.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- BAIDU INC has improved earnings per share by 11.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BAIDU INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.78 versus $3.02 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.89 versus $4.78).
- The gross profit margin for BAIDU INC is currently very high, coming in at 70.41%. Regardless of BIDU's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BIDU's net profit margin of 34.22% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Internet Software & Services industry average. The net income increased by 10.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $299.00 million to $328.92 million.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.42, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 4.46 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- You can view the full Baidu Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV