- Goldman Sachs continued its leadership in investment banking, ranking first in worldwide announced and completed mergers and acquisitions for the year-to-date. (2)
- The firm ranked first in worldwide equity and equity-related offerings, common stock offerings and initial public offerings for the year-to-date. (2)
- Debt underwriting produced record quarterly net revenues of $695 million.
- Book value per common share and tangible book value per common share (3) both increased approximately 2% during the quarter to $151.21 and $141.62, respectively.
- The firm continues to manage its liquidity and capital conservatively. The firm’s global core excess liquidity (4) was $183 billion (5) as of June 30, 2013. In addition, the firm’s Tier 1 capital ratio (6) was 15.6% (5) and the firm’s Tier 1 common ratio (7) was 13.5% (5) as of June 30, 2013, in each case under Basel 1 and reflecting the revised market risk regulatory capital requirements which became effective on January 1, 2013.
Goldman Sachs Reports Second Quarter Earnings Per Common Share Of $3.70
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.