Zevia Achieves Record Quarter To Become The Only Independently-Owned Low/Zero Calorie Soda Brand Among The Top 20 In US Supermarkets
LOS ANGELES, July 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Zevia, the leading natural zero calorie soda brand, turned in a record-breaking second quarter, with sales growing 60 percent to 17 million cans versus the same period last year. Zevia capped the quarter by becoming the #17 low/zero calorie soda brand in supermarkets in the four weeks ending 6/8/13 – the only brand among the top 20 not owned by category leaders Coca-Cola, PepsiCo and Dr. Pepper/Snapple.
"Stevia acceptance has reached a tipping point and we are proud to be leading that effort in the soda category," said Paddy Spence, CEO of Zevia. "Nielsen recently reported that 47 percent of U.S. households have stevia in their pantries and equally telling, the major beverage companies have started using it in their cola products, closing the loop on their current use of stevia in juices, teas and sports drinks."
Zevia's second quarter saw distribution grow to more than 15,000 outlets in the U.S. and Canada, with key new accounts, including Safeway, Harris Teeter, HEB, Meijer, Marsh, Bashas', Albertsons LLC and Ingles Markets. Zevia also launched glass bottles for natural food stores and broadened distribution of 16-ounce single serve cans in the natural and supermarket channels.
"By design, our initial focus was the natural channel and then supermarkets, because we saw time and again that Zevia was a planned, multi six-pack purchase. We are just beginning to think about other open channels, such as gas stations, convenience, liquor, restaurants and national price clubs. We are very excited to continue growing the availability of great-tasting sodas without the ingredients that consumers are looking to avoid."**According to SPINS and Nielsen data for Total US Food channel for the four weeks ending 6/8/13.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV