2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Wednesday includes housing starts and building permits for June at 8:30 a.m. EDT, and the release of the Federal Reserve's Beige Book at 2 p.m.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Tuesday declined as Coca-Cola (KO) reported sales that missed analysts' forecasts, leaving traders uncertain about the trajectory for consumer spending. The S&P 500 fell 0.37% to 1,676.26 while the Dow Jones Industrial Average slipped 0.21% to 15,451.85. The Nasdaq fell 0.25% to 3,598.50.
4. -- Bank of America (BAC - Get Report) is expected by analysts to report on Wednesday second-quarter earnings of 25 cents a share on revenue of $22.78 billion, an increase of 3.7% from a year earlier.
5. -- American Express (AXP - Get Report), one of the world's largest credit card companies, is forecast to post quarterly earnings Wednesday of $1.22 a share on revenue of $8.28 billion. Last year, American Express earned $1.34 billion, or $1.15 a share, on revenue of $8 billion.
6. -- Yahoo!'s (YHOO - Get Report) top-line numbers for the second quarter fell short of Wall Street estimates and the Internet company issued soft third-quarter guidance. Yahoo! reported earnings of 35 cents a share on revenue of $1.07 billion, excluding traffic acquisition costs; revenue fell 1% from last year. Display revenue ex-TAC came in at $423 million, down 11% from last year, while search revenue ex-TAC was $403 million, a year-over-year increase of 5%. . Yahoo! said Tuesday it expects third-quarter revenue excluding TAC of between $1.06 billion and $1.1 billion. Analysts are expecting revenue of $1.12 billion. Yahoo! also cut fiscal 2013 estimates for non-GAAP operating income. It now expects operating income to be between $900 million and $1 billion, down from a range of $1.05 billion to $1.1 billion. Full-year revenue guidance was pared to between $4.45 billion and $4.55 billion.
7. -- eBay (EBAY - Get Report), the e-commerce giant and owner of PayPal, is expected by analysts to report second-quarter earnings of 63 cents a share on revenue of $3.89 billion. eBay earned 53 cents a share on revenue of $3.4 billion in the same quarter last year. Adjusted earnings were 56 cents a share.