ADTRAN ®, Inc., (NASDAQ:ADTN), a leading provider of cloud connectivity, mobility and enterprise communications solutions, today announced Madison County School System (MCSS) has selected ADTRAN’s NetVanta® Unified Communications (UC) solution for its telecommunications upgrade initiative. MCSS is harnessing the power of ADTRAN’s advanced networking technology to improve communications systems across the school district’s 27 campuses. ADTRAN’s UC platform provides MCSS with more effective and efficient communications and helps administrators, teachers, parents and students build a stronger, more collaborative educational environment.
Many educational organizations face the challenge of finding affordable solutions with best-in-class technology and next-generation capabilities. “We didn’t think it was possible to implement an advanced communications infrastructure at a price point that we could afford. ADTRAN has enabled us to increase the communications capabilities for our central facilities and a number of the local schools and we are very excited about getting the technology up and running across all Madison County Schools by the end of the next school year,” said Karen Cooper O'Bannon, chief school financial officer at MCSS.
ADTRAN’s NetVanta UC portfolio offered MCSS an ideal solution for streamlining the district’s internal communications system. During the first phase of deployment, MCSS is leveraging the following advanced capabilities:
- Full unified messaging for administration and teachers
- Find-me/Follow-me for superintendents and administrators
- Replacement of outdated analog fax machines with fax server
- Conference server to host system-wide school official calls
- Overhead and handset paging integrated into existing systems at each campus
- Easy-to-create personal assistants with drag-n-drop service creation
ADTRAN’s NetVanta UC also offers advanced scalability that enables MCSS to add additional UC features as they grow and expand their communications system. During the next phase of deployment, MCSS will implement capabilities that will simplify data collection and distribution, reduce human error and mitigate liability with real-time parent communications. These features include emergency alerts, absentee notifications, policy reminders, bell schedule timers and more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV