- The UN Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS);
- CCAMLR's 2011 adoption of conservation measure 91.04 (which was agreed to by Russia);
- The Convention on the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources, entered into force on 7 April 1982 with a goal to preserve the marine life and environmental integrity in and near Antarctica. It also gives CCAMLR the authority to establish marine reserves.
- CCAMLR's 2012 designation of an MPA around the South Orkney Islands which was also agreed to by consensus (including Russia).
Independent Global Leaders Urge Russian President Putin To Rescue Antarctic Marine Reserve Negotiations
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.