McCluney, who has served as Emulex CEO since 2006, has been named executive chairman of the company's board.
"Having worked closely with Jeff over the past five years, I am confident that he and the current senior management team will continue to drive success for the company," said McCluney, in the company's statement, which was released after market close.
Benck joined Emulex as COO in 2008 and was promoted to president in 2010.Emulex also announced preliminary fiscal fourth-quarter results, which include revenue between $119 million and $120 million, at the midpoint of the company's guidance of $118 million to $122 million. Excluding items, Emulex expects earnings in line with its guidance of 11 cents to 13 cents a share. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters are looking for sales of $119.74 million and earnings of 12 cents a share. Shares of Emulex have climbed almost 14% this year, most recently buoyed by sale chatter swirling around the company. Emulex shares closed up 0.48% at $8.32 during Monday's trading session. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV