I was visiting Jake Tapper and his fantastic crew at CNN's program "The Lead."
Thanks to these cats for making me feel at home. Good people. I felt so comfortable in the CNN Newsroom that houses The Lead that I was cool with shouting out to the group -- Does anybody have an iPhone 5 charger I can borrow!?
Nobody had one, however, two folks (TheLead producers Jason Seher and Rick Saleeby) both offered up this seemingly foreign object -- an iPhone 5 case that doubles as a charger/extra battery.Mophie!. I was shocked I had never heard of this thing. Never even saw it brought up in association with the iPhone 5 battery gripes I come across. But the damn thing worked so well -- and impressed me so much -- that I went to the Apple Store on Fifth Avenue in New York City to buy my own first thing Friday morning. Mophie is a simple device. You attach it to your iPhone (again, it doubles as a sturdy, granted not-so-light case) and plug it into the wall. At a full charge, the $99 Mophie attachment is merely a battery that effectively doubles the life of your iPhone. Once the Mophie's juice is gone, your iPhone starts using its own battery. I will never take this thing off of my phone. Ever. Even under heavy use, my iPhone 5 lasts all day now. 12 to 16 hours easy. Sure, it brings the cost of a subsidized iPhone 5 up to $300, but who cares? Well worth the expenditure if you use your smartphone as much as I do or worry about being left without it for a period of time. Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV