BRISTOL, Va., July 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cumberland Coal Resources LP, a subsidiary of Alpha Natural Resources (NYSE: ANR), has temporarily suspended production at its Cumberland underground longwall mine in Greene County, Pa. due to adverse geological conditions in the mine's headgate area.
While mine employees work to mitigate the conditions that halted operations, the mine is on idle status as of July 15, and coal shipments have ceased. Cumberland's management currently anticipates that it will be at least several weeks before production resumes. During this period the mine will maintain a reduced workforce of employees who are key to bringing the longwall back into production.
About Alpha Natural Resources Alpha Natural Resources is one of the largest and most regionally diversified coal suppliers in the United States. With mining operations in Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Pennsylvania and Wyoming, Alpha supplies metallurgical coal to the steel industry and thermal coal to generate power to customers on five continents. Alpha is committed to being a leader in mine safety with our Running Right safety process, and an environmental steward in the communities where we operate. For more information, visit Alpha's official website ( www.alphanr.com).
Investor ContactTodd Allen Tel. 276-739-5328Email: email@example.com Media Contact Ted Pile Tel. 276-623-2920Email: firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Alpha Natural Resources
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV