William Altman Named Chief Technology Officer Of Post–Newsweek Stations
Post–Newsweek Stations announced today that William Altman has been named Chief Technology Officer. For the past 17 years he had been Director of Information Systems for the Fox Television Stations group.
Emily Barr, President and Chief Executive Officer of Post–Newsweek Stations, said, “I am delighted that Bill Altman will lead our combined IT and Engineering efforts. As our industry and stations continue to grapple with myriad technological opportunities and we move increasingly into a digital-centric environment, it has become imperative that we pay even closer attention to our infrastructure, systems, technical strategy and operations. Bill’s background and experience will position us well for the future.”
At Fox, Altman served as the technical lead and project manager for the stations’ corporate-wide solutions, as well as the IT lead on all broadcast operations, automation and newsroom production systems. He led the installation of the company’s Avid Interplay system in 2006 and assisted Fox Sports on their design, workflow and integration into their newsroom system. Prior to Fox, he spent three years as a systems engineer at M.I.S. Computer Corporation.
Altman is a graduate of Loyola University in Chicago and holds a BS in business administration, with a concentration in computer science.About Post–Newsweek Stations Post–Newsweek Stations is the television broadcasting division of The Washington Post Company (NYSE: WPO). PNS owns and operates six television stations: WDIV–Detroit (NBC affiliate), KPRC–Houston (NBC affiliate), WPLG–Miami (ABC affiliate), WKMG–Orlando (CBS affiliate), KSAT–San Antonio (ABC affiliate) and WJXT–Jacksonville (Independent).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV