MetLife (MET) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, MetLife fell $0.54 (-1.1%) to $48.54 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,577,788 shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,950,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $48.49-$49.06 after having opened the day at $48.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.08. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: National Security Group (NSEC), down 5.5%, Navigators Group (NAVG), down 2.2% and CNinsure (CISG), down 1.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full MetLife Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MET
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV