BOCA RATON, Fla., July 15, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SBA Communications Corporation (Nasdaq:SBAC) ("SBA" or the "Company") today released certain information in light of AT&T's contemplated acquisition of Leap Wireless. As of June 30, 2013, (i) AT&T and Leap Wireless represented approximately 22% and 2%, respectively, of SBA's annualized site leasing revenue and (ii) SBA had separate leases for antenna space with each of AT&T and Leap Wireless on the same tower on approximately 325 of the Company's more than 17,500 currently owned tower sites. As of June 30, 2013, the revenue generated from Leap Wireless on these sites represents less than 1.0% of SBA's annualized site leasing revenue. The average remaining current term associated with these leases is approximately two and a half years for AT&T and three years for Leap Wireless.
Abou t SBA Communications Corporation
SBA Communications Corporation is a first choice provider and leading owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure in North, Central and South America. By "Building Better Wireless", SBA generates revenue from two primary businesses - site leasing and site development services. SBA's primary focus is the leasing of antenna space on its multi-tenant towers to a variety of wireless service providers under long-term lease contracts. For more information please visit: www.sbasite.com .
CONTACT: Mark DeRussy, CFA Capital Markets 561-226-9531 Lynne Hopkins Corporate Communications 561-226-9431
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV