FXCM Inc. (NYSE: FXCM) today announced certain key operating metrics for June 2013 for its retail and institutional foreign exchange business.
Monthly activities included:
June 2013 Retail Trading Metrics
- Retail customer trading volume (1) of $396 billion in June 2013, 1% higher than May 2013 and 25% higher than June 2012. Volume from indirect sources was 46% of total retail volume (1) in the second quarter 2013. Retail customer trading volume (1) for the second quarter 2013 was $1.15 trillion, 11% higher than the first quarter 2013, and 33% higher than the second quarter 2012.
- Average retail customer trading volume (1) per day of $19.8 billion in June 2013, 16% higher than May 2013 and 31% higher than June 2012.
- An average of 558,628 retail client trades per day in June 2013, 12% higher than May 2013 and 35% higher than June 2012.
- Tradable accounts (2) of 190,998 as of June 30, 2013, a decrease of 6,508 accounts, or 3% from May 2013, and a decrease of 14,113 accounts, or 7%, from June 2012. In June 2013, FXCM charged a dormancy fee for the FXCM LLC clients that have not been active in over one year. Active accounts (3) were 182,225 as of June 30, 2013, an increase of 2,604 accounts, or 1% from May 2013, and an increase of 8,007 accounts, or 5%, from June 2012.
June 2013 Institutional Trading Metrics
- Institutional customer trading volume (1) of $184 billion in June 2013, 4% lower than May 2013 and 14% higher than June 2012.
- Average institutional trading volume (1) per day of $9.2 billion in June 2013, 10% higher than May 2013 and 20% higher than June 2012.
- An average of 40,604 institutional client trades per day in June 2013, 3% higher than May 2013 and 126% higher than June 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV