FXCM Inc. (NYSE: FXCM) today announced certain key operating metrics for June 2013 for its retail and institutional foreign exchange business.
Monthly activities included:
June 2013 Retail Trading Metrics
- Retail customer trading volume (1) of $396 billion in June 2013, 1% higher than May 2013 and 25% higher than June 2012. Volume from indirect sources was 46% of total retail volume (1) in the second quarter 2013. Retail customer trading volume (1) for the second quarter 2013 was $1.15 trillion, 11% higher than the first quarter 2013, and 33% higher than the second quarter 2012.
- Average retail customer trading volume (1) per day of $19.8 billion in June 2013, 16% higher than May 2013 and 31% higher than June 2012.
- An average of 558,628 retail client trades per day in June 2013, 12% higher than May 2013 and 35% higher than June 2012.
- Tradable accounts (2) of 190,998 as of June 30, 2013, a decrease of 6,508 accounts, or 3% from May 2013, and a decrease of 14,113 accounts, or 7%, from June 2012. In June 2013, FXCM charged a dormancy fee for the FXCM LLC clients that have not been active in over one year. Active accounts (3) were 182,225 as of June 30, 2013, an increase of 2,604 accounts, or 1% from May 2013, and an increase of 8,007 accounts, or 5%, from June 2012.
June 2013 Institutional Trading Metrics
- Institutional customer trading volume (1) of $184 billion in June 2013, 4% lower than May 2013 and 14% higher than June 2012.
- Average institutional trading volume (1) per day of $9.2 billion in June 2013, 10% higher than May 2013 and 20% higher than June 2012.
- An average of 40,604 institutional client trades per day in June 2013, 3% higher than May 2013 and 126% higher than June 2012.
More information, including historical results for each of the above metrics, can be found on the investor relations page of the Company's corporate web site,
This operating data is preliminary and subject to revision and should not be taken as an indication of the financial performance of FXCM Inc. FXCM undertakes no obligation to publicly update or review previously reported operating data. Any updates to previously reported operating data will be reflected in the historical operating data that can be found on the Investor Relations page of the Company’s corporate web site,
Volume that FXCM customers traded in period translated into US dollars.
An account that has sufficient funds to place a trade in accordance with FXCM trading policies.
An account that has traded at least once in the previous 12 months.
Disclosure Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
In addition to historical information, this release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, which reflect FXCM Inc.’s current views with respect to, among other things, its operations and financial performance for the future. You can identify these forward-looking statements by the use of words such as “outlook,” “believes,” “expects,” “potential,” “continues,” “may,” “will,” “should,” “seeks,” “approximately,” “predicts,” “intends,” “plans,” “estimates,” “anticipates” or the negative version of these words or other comparable words. Such forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties. Accordingly, there are or will be important factors that could cause actual outcomes or results to differ materially from those indicated in these statements. FXCM Inc. believes these factors include but are not limited to evolving legal and regulatory requirements of the FX industry, the limited operating history of the FX industry, risks related to the protection of its proprietary technology, risks related to its dependence on FX market makers, market conditions and those other risks described under “Risk Factors” in FXCM Inc.’s Annual Report on Form 10-K and other SEC filings, which are accessible on the SEC website at sec.gov.