KBR (NYSE: KBR) today announced that it has been selected by Total to utilize KBR’s ROSE® solvent deasphalting technology for use at their Antwerp refinery in Belgium.
The ROSE® unit is expected to significantly enhance the profitability of the refinery and is expected to come on stream in early 2016.
The ROSE® technology will split 48,000 barrels-per-stream-day of residue from a mix of crude oils into deasphalted oil (DAO) and asphaltene. The DAO will be upgraded in a mild hydrocracking unit and the asphaltene will be blended into fuel oil.
“We are pleased that KBR’s world-leading ROSE® technology was selected by Total for this major project,” said John Derbyshire, President, KBR Technology. “We understand the importance of this project to Total and are confident that the project will enable Total to achieve its business objectives.”KBR is a global engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, power, industrial, civil infrastructure, minerals, government services and commercial markets. For more information, visit www.kbr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV