Newell Rubbermaid Inc. (NYSE: NWL) today announced the sale of its Teach platform, including the Mimio® and Headsprout® interactive teaching technology brands, to Skyview Capital, LLC ( www.skyviewcapital.com), a Beverly Hills, Calif., private equity firm. Terms were not disclosed. The transaction has closed with the signing of the agreement.
“Our Growth Game Plan is designed to accelerate performance by setting clear priorities for our business. This transaction further simplifies our portfolio as we continue to invest behind our highest-potential global growth opportunities,” said Michael Polk, Newell Rubbermaid’s President and Chief Executive Officer.
About Newell Rubbermaid
Newell Rubbermaid Inc., an S&P 500 company, is a global marketer of consumer and commercial products with 2012 sales of approximately $5.6 billion and a strong portfolio of leading brands, including Sharpie®, Paper Mate®, Rubbermaid Commercial Products®, Irwin®, Lenox®, Parker®, Waterman®, Rubbermaid®, Levolor®, Calphalon®, Goody®, Graco®, Aprica® and Dymo®. As part of the company’s Growth Game Plan, Newell Rubbermaid is making sharper portfolio choices and investing in new marketing and innovation to accelerate performance.This press release and additional information about Newell Rubbermaid are available on the company’s Web site, www.newellrubbermaid.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV