Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:37 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Thursday.
Fund manager Nelson Peltz said DuPont (DD) is one of his favorite stocks during the recent Delivering Alpha Conference. "I don't want to go against Peltz," Cramer said. DuPont is a holding in his charitable trust, Action Alerts Plus. DD was unchanged at $57.47.
Another fund giant, Jim Chanos, said during the same conference he is short Caterpillar (CAT). Cramer disagreed with Chanos on this one, noting that even during the depths of the recent recession it didn't get as bad for CAT as Chanos thought. CAT was flat at $85.72.UnitedHealth Group (UNH) is making 52-week highs thanks to higher revenue and lower cost of goods sold. "I wish I had seen this coming," Cramer said. UNH jumped 6.5% to $70.55. Citigroup says there is a 50% chance Family Dollar (FDO) gets bought out. Cramer reminded viewers of the successful buyout of Dollar General (DG) by equity firm KKR, so it could happen. FDO was unchanged at $68.54. Celgene (CELG) was forced to pull trials of Revlimid, its topselling cancer drug, but the stock hasn't fallen by as much as feared. Cramer cautioned traders to be careful on the short side because the trial "wasn't really in the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV