NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Semiconductor giant Intel (INTC) will report second-quarter earnings on Wednesday, July 17. Although it's not ground-breaking news to suggest that the company has fallen out of favor with Wall Street, it still seems that many investors are discounting the progress that Intel has made in the realm of mobile.
Although Intel does rely on the PC market for a significant portion of its revenue, the company's mobile advancements, albeit modest, are a step in the right direction.
I'm not suggesting that rivals such as ARM Holdings (ARMH) and Qualcomm (QCOM) should start worrying about market share. But for investors with patience, Intel can still provide solid gains with each small step.
One of these small steps was taken recently when Samsung announced that it had chosen Intel's Clover Trail+ mobile chip processor to power a its Galaxy Tab 3, which is based on Google's (GOOG) Android platform. Although this would certainly be a great win for Intel, the news was dampened by new rumors that Apple (AAPL) had decided not to use Intel chips in new versions of its iPhones and iPads.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV