Exelon today released its 2012 Corporate Sustainability Report, the first complete and integrated record of the company’s sustainability performance following the merger of Exelon and Constellation in March 2012.
“Before coming together, Exelon and Constellation already shared a commitment to running their businesses in a way that is economically, environmentally and socially sustainable – a value that remains integral to our company today,” said Christopher Crane, Exelon’s president and CEO. “We take seriously our obligation to keep our customers, shareholders, communities and employees fully informed of our sustainability performance, and our in-depth, annual sustainability report is a critical part of that.”
The report is the definitive account of Exelon’s sustainability record. Among its sustainability accomplishments in 2012, Exelon:
- Made substantial contributions to the economic health of its communities, paying $13.1 billion for materials, goods and services; $8.0 billion in compensation, benefits and contracting expenses; and $1.7 billion in dividends, interest and taxes;
- Added nearly 500 megawatts (MW) of new, clean generating capacity – including 404 MW in new wind projects, 31 MW in new solar and 63 MW in nuclear power uprates – creating jobs, tax revenue and shareholder value;
- Across all three of its utilities, achieved its lowest average number of interruptions per customer over the last three years and best-ever customer satisfaction scores on the Exelon Customer Satisfaction Index;
- Donated nearly $28 million to nonprofit organizations and provided more than 105,000 hours of employee volunteer service in its communities;
- Achieved its best-ever industrial safety performance; and
- Supported certified minority- and women-owned businesses with more than $750 million in Exelon business.
“Under our wide-ranging sustainability strategy, we have made real progress toward our sustainability goals, while adapting to an ever-changing energy market and policy landscape,” Crane said.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts