- More than half of all the pursuits (800) were initiated because of traffic violations, including speeding. The other most common reasons for police to initiate pursuits were for driving under the influence or suspected DUI (214); felony criminal offenses (228); and stolen or suspected stolen vehicles (131).
- More than 70 percent of pursuits resulted in the ultimate apprehension of the fleeing motorist.
- More than 58 percent of the apprehensions were accomplished using a trailing pursuit, in which officers simply follow the violator's vehicle in attempt to bring it to a stop. Trailing pursuits are the least aggressive type of pursuit.
Police Pursuits In Pennsylvania Increase For Second Year In A Row
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.