Comcast Florida announced today the launch of its new X1 video platform for customers in the Jacksonville, Sarasota and Naples areas, marking the debut of this new entertainment operating system in the Sunshine State. In addition, consumers in Brunswick, GA, will be receiving the new X1 video platform as well.
Using cloud-enabled technologies, the X1 Platform offers a completely new and more personalized TV experience that provides access to Comcast’s massive library of live and on-demand video presented with a new, much more graphically pleasing on-screen guide along with popular apps like Facebook and Pandora.
The new DVR-enabled X1 boxes enable customers to record four shows and watch a fifth at the same time using AnyRoom® DVR service. With AnyRoom® DVR service customers can watch recorded shows in any room, start watching a recording in one room and then finish in another, or even have different recordings play in different rooms at the same time.
X1 features include:
- A main screen with a new, easy-to-read and -search guide and interface that enables fast, one-click access to a variety of video content and allows customers to access a host of information about the programs they’re watching and related programming;
- The ability to search TV listings, DVR recordings, and Xfinity On Demand for content simultaneously;
- Weather, sports and real-time traffic apps, all specially designed and scaled for use on a TV screen (X1 DVR boxes also include Pandora and Facebook apps);
- An enhanced remote control for the X1 DVR box that’s highly responsive and does not have to be pointed straight at the box to work; and
- The ability to display the highest resolution supported by many new TVs, 1080P at 60 frames per second.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV