WOONSOCKET, R.I., July 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MinuteClinic, a division of CVS Caremark and the largest provider of walk-in medical clinics in the United States, has created the Weight Loss Program at MinuteClinic, a convenient, personalized program to help patients lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle incorporating the proven DASH diet health plan. The DASH diet has been ranked the No. 1 Overall Diet by U.S. News & World Report for the past three years.
The Weight Loss Program at MinuteClinic combines weekly visits with a MinuteClinic practitioner plus nutrition and weight loss advice delivered via the online DASH for Health® program. The program is tailored to each individual and includes a medical evaluation with lab tests (such as blood sugar and cholesterol screening). The DASH diet (DASH stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) has been clinically proven to promote weight loss, while lowering blood pressure and cholesterol.
"DASH is one of the most highly recommended, evidence-based diets in clinical practice today," said Nancy Gagliano, M.D., MinuteClinic chief medical officer. "Our Weight Loss Program is designed to help patients lose weight by making smart choices, and focuses on healthy eating with DASH-approved recipes. In addition to providing healthy dietary recommendations, MinuteClinic practitioners tailor a weight loss plan for each patient that incorporates counseling, education and advice to help patients achieve their goals."
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), more than one-third of U.S. adults are obese. Obesity contributes to several health conditions, including heart disease, stroke and Type 2 diabetes. More than 1 in 3 Americans currently suffer from hypertension, according to the CDC. Also, diabetes is on the rise and now affects 25.8 million Americans according to data from the American Diabetes Association.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV